Summers are awesome…From the colorful and floral costumes to breezy sea-facets,
The whole thing about the season is outstanding – except the sun tan that sticks to your skin and in no way is going again!
Don’t you feel that the summer will take away your fresh and fair skin?
I think this is the proper time to protect your skin from that stubborn sun tan. So I’m here for my beautiful readers with Top 7 Best Home Remedies To Remove Sun Tan.
As you all know, the skin needs some extra love in summer. When you are not protected by sunblock or full clothes, you are prone to sunburn or sun tan.
Most of us go out for summer vacation without any specific measures to stay away from the scorching sun rays. Doing this can harm our skin, as it is the most sensitive part of the body.
Most of the people try and discover a quick approach to it by way of using chemically loaded bleaches or opting for cosmetic surgeries. However, these quick remedies have numerous negative outcomes and cause excessive harm to the skin.
Thus you need to find out the way to protect the skin from burning sun rays with easy domestic remedies that still function as a natural treatment for premature aging of skin, dark spots and acne removal.
Note: All of these remedies can be used to remove sun tan from face, neck, elbows, armpits, knees, legs, etc.
Right here are a number of the trusted Ayurvedic remedies to get rid of sun tan from the time of our great grand-mothers:
Top 7 Home Remedies To Remove Sun Tan:
There are various effective tan removal home remedies. These proven sun tan removal home remedies should be known by everyone to help them combat skin tan. Here are some of the best natural remedies to remove sun tan:
1. Lemon Juice:
Lemon juice is famous for its weight loss properties. For skin, it is a blessing. Its acidity acts as a bleaching agent and helps reduce discoloration on your face.
It removes the tan as well as skin burn. With its exfoliating properties, it peels off the dead skin, adding a healthy glow to it. It removes the fake tan uniformly without leaving dark streaks.
How to use?
- Use a cotton ball or q-tip to apply the juice onto your tanned area twice a day. It is a good idea to check primarily on a small place of your face to see how your skin reacts to the lemon juice. If it causes itching and redness, add a tablespoon of honey to two tablespoons of lemon juice. Honey has its own rejuvenating properties so it’ll add up an extra blush to your face.
- Take a heaped tablespoon of baking soda. Take a lemon wedge and sprinkle that soda on it. Rub it gently to the tanned area. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes then wash with cold water. Do this regularly to remove sun tan.
- Grate one potato and extract its juice. Add a few drops of lemon juice. Apply on your face properly. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash with fresh water and pat dry. Apply this pack three times per week to get sun tan removed.
- You can also apply lemon juice mixed with cucumber juice on sun-tanned skin. Leave it for at least 15 minutes and then wash your face with fresh water. This simple trick will get your skin rid of sun tan.
Note: If lemon juice is causing dryness in the skin, use a few drops of coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil to your face pack.
2. Use Aloe Vera Gel:
The gel of the aloe vera plant is fully packed with a lot of antioxidants like vitamins A, C, and E, which help to lessen age spots and even out skin tone.
Vitamin A speeds up your skin’s natural shedding process, vitamin C brightens up your complexion from brown to fair, and vitamin E renews the epidermis.
It has been used for thousands of years for beauty purposes. Its effect on hair growth is outstanding. It has healing properties for many diseases but as far as the skin is concerned, it has surprising effects.
How to use?
- Aloe Vera gel can be used on its own as a face mask. Cut out one of the outside layers of the aloe vera leaf to reveal the fleshy gel in the center. Gently apply onto your skin and leave for 30-40 minutes then wash with fresh water. It has all those surplus ingredients that your skin needs. You’ll find a smooth and clear skin in a few days if you apply it consistently.
- Mix aloe vera with a little bit of soy milk and lemon juice to strengthen its skin-brightening effect. It’ll magically soothe and revitalize the skin, leaving it fair and bleached.
- Take two tablespoons of aloe vera gel, one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of neem leaves paste. Mix all of them together to make a face pack. If it is thick you can use water for a thin consistency. Apply this in your face or only in the tanned area. Leave it to dry for 10-15 mins then wash it off.
- Cut an aloe vera leaf in half. Dip it into the rice flour and rub your face gently for a few minutes. Rinse with cool water and pat dry. You can apply it to all skin types to reduce dark spots and blemishes.
- Make a smooth paste by mixing aloe vera gel and rose water. Apply evenly on your face and neck, leave this for about 15 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water. You can do it daily to see the wonderful fairness in your skin.
Turmeric has traditionally been used in South Asian countries to improve skin tone. It is not a new name in the beauty conscious world we live in. We have been using this skin lightening agent for generations.
It helps in the removal of pigmentation of the skin and also helps to brighten it naturally.
Turmeric is also well-known by the name Curcumin, that’s a part of turmeric itself. It has a unique property to drop down the production of melanin which is a vital reason to create a tan. But this truly is not the entire benefit that this spice gives to sunburn skin.
Turmeric is loaded with anti-inflammatory, antioxidants and antibacterial properties. They help to combat many skin diseases and brutal infection.
When you want to lighten up your skin tone or give it a bright glow, curcumin, turmeric’s main active ingredient kicks in to inhibit melanogenesis. If you mix up this spice with lemon, milk or yogurt, lactic and citric acids give a healthy, tan free glow to the skin.
How to use?
- Take a bowl and drop a tablespoon of powdered turmeric into it. Now, take two tablespoons of lemon juice and add it into the bowl slowly. Don’t pour all the juice at once. Stir well. Then add more lemon juice to it and keep stirring until the whole turmeric gets mixed up. It should be a little bit thick so that it can easily be applied to the face. Leave for 20 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water so that turmeric may not stick to the skin. It’ll brighten up the skin tone and even the discoloration.
- Take two tablespoons of gram flour, a pinch of turmeric powder and add milk to them to form a paste with smooth density. Rub this pack on a clean face gently and let it dry completely. Scrub off the material and wash with water. You can moisturize the skin if it seems dry.
- Add a few tablespoons of turmeric powder to a bowl. Pour in a bit of honey and a tablespoon of full-fat yogurt or milk to create a smooth paste. Make it thick enough that it will stick to the face but thin enough to get absorbed by the skin. Use this face pack for 20 minutes on problematic areas. This pack can reduce hyperpigmentation and acne as well.
- Take a bowl, add 3 teaspoons of rice flour and a pinch of turmeric. Then take one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and mix all the three ingredients well. Apply it to the face and other tan- affected areas. Then rinse it off with normal water after 15 minutes. Lemon juice may cause dryness so it’s better to use a good quality moisturizer after washing the face.
4. Baking Soda:
When it comes to talk about the best tan removal home remedies, baking soda works wonderfully because of its bleaching features. It helps in removing any kind of skin pigmentation, blemishes, dark spots and age spots too.
Baking soda possesses antibacterial and antifungal properties. Thus it helps to kill harmful germs and bacteria that cause skin infections.
Baking soda is anti-inflammatory. Acne, acne marks, boils and scars etc can be treated by using it regularly. It balances the skin’s pH level and eliminates dead skin cells which result in the fairer skin.
How to use?
- This whole process needs to be done during bath time. You just need to take some amount of baking soda on your palm and then dampen it with some water. Now simply scrub this paste on the tanned areas of your skin before washing it off in the shower.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda, 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch and ½ tablespoon vitamin E oil in a glass bowl. Make a paste of all the ingredients. Apply it gently to the skin and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with fresh water. Do this two to three times a week.
- Take a bowl and mix two tablespoons of baking soda with one tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply it all over the face and massage in a circular motion. Leave the paste for 10 minutes before washing. Do this 2-3 times a week to keep your skin nitrified and nourished.
- Combine a tablespoon of baking soda with one and half a tablespoon of honey. Apply this paste is applied over a clean face and skin and left for a time of a good 20 minutes. Later on, wash it well with cold water.
- Honey also has antibacterial properties that play a great part in the removal of acne and in skin whitening. By repeating this process you’ll feel a distinct skin lightening effect.
Tomatoes are fully enriched with phytochemicals that can fight the damage induced by the harmful UV rays of the sun. Its carotenoid compounds help lessen the skin tan and restore your natural skin tone.
They are widely utilized in cosmetics of many kinds. They are excellent for skin due to the fact they include plenty of beneficial factors, a good deal of water, and fruit acids that assist to lighten and clear the skin.
Tomatoes exhibit huge anti-inflammatory and antibacterial features, which can be powerful towards pimples, fungi and different skin issues.
Tomato juice has plenty of vitamins and minerals in it, and it fills the belly like no other juice. Drinking it empty stomach sheds pounds quickly like no other thing can do.
Its acidic nature easily removes tan from the skin. It also soothes sunburn skin effectively. Hence the next time you get a tomato for cooking, make sure you use a little bit to treat your tanned skin as well.
How to use?
- Make a mixture of honey and tomato juice to be applied on your face and other tanned body parts. Rinse it off after 15 minutes and within minutes you will see a fair and glowing face in front of the mirror.
- Mix one tablespoon each of aloe vera gel and tomato pulp to make a paste. Apply it and massage for some minutes. Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse with cold water. This paste is also very effective for dark under eyes.
- Another recipe for fair skin is the mixture of two tablespoons tomato juice and 4 tablespoons curd. Apply it on your skin and wash it in 15 minutes to see the difference.
- Take two large tomatoes, one tablespoon almond flour and one and a half tablespoons lemon juice. Blend all ingredients in a blender to make a paste that is very smooth. Use a brush to evenly apply the thick and smooth all over your face. Give it up to 30 minutes before rinsing off with cold water. It’s generous for all skin types.
Papaya extracts and pulp can work as good exfoliants and help remove dead skin cells from the epidermis thereby restoring the natural skin tone.
It is highly enriched with bleaching properties. Its regular use makes the skin even, lighter and healthier. Its pulp can be used as a cleanser. It clears the skin impurities and protects your skin from sun damage.
Be it acne spots or dark armpits, neck, elbows, and knees, using papaya is a great remedy for dark skin spots. It will smoothly tone your skin and improve your complexion.
How to use?
- Take a papaya paste and add honey to it. One tablespoon is enough for one use. Apply the mixture to a cleansed face and leave on for about 20 minutes. Rinse with freshwater and pat dry. Use this daily on oily or normal skin.
- To make a skin lightening face pack, mash half a cup of ripe papaya. Add lemon juice to it and mix well. Apply this mixture all over your face. After 30 minutes wash it off with firstly warm water and then with cold water.
- Blend one-fourth of raw papaya and add gram flour into it. Squeeze a fresh lemon in this pack. Apply it to the affected area. Once it becomes dry, wash it out with cool water. Use this pack multiple times a week to lighten the dark spots on your skin.
Since ancient times, people have used yogurt as an all-over recuperation food that treated both inner and external problems.
History claims that yogurt has been a favorite medicinal food of many kings and emperors because it is a good remedy for diarrhea, indigestion, bloating, general weakness and other issues related to the digestive system.
Although yogurt’s healthful properties are well-recommended and unfold, not many of us grasp that it’s additionally a potent skincare ingredient that will solve a good number of skin problems.
Regular use of this yummy dairy product has outstanding advantages for the skin. It provides nourishment and clear complexion to the skin. It reduces wrinkles, dark circles, and fine lines.
By exfoliating properties, it removes dead skin, removes blemishes and pigmentation. Cures skin infections. Soothes sunburn and whitens up the tanned skin.
How to use?
- You can apply plain yogurt daily on your skin before taking a shower. For a more practical remedy, you’ll like one cup of yogurt, juice of half a cucumber and juice of half a tomato. Combine these along and add half a cup of gram flour (besan). Apply the mixture on tanned areas and leave for 30 minutes. When the time is up, don’t rub out the hard mask but use warm water to loosen it and finally rinse with cool water. Pat dry with a clean towel.
- Take two tablespoons of plain yogurt and one teaspoon of colloidal oatmeal. Mix them well to make a paste. Apply it to the sun-damaged areas with your fingers or brush and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse off the mask after it is dried up. Pat dry.
- Take one tablespoon egg white and one and a half tablespoons yogurt. Whisk the yogurt and egg white in a small bowl. Apply this fluffy pack on your face and leave it for a good 20 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water and enjoy a tan-free glowing skin.
- Ground two tablespoons of coffee and mix it well with one-fourth cup of plain yogurt. You can use Greek yogurt instead. Apply to face and massage smoothly with fingertips for 2-3 minutes. Leave on for 15 minutes. Wash your face with water and pat dry with a clean towel. Coffee acts as a great scrub and has additional goodness of caffeine, which has been shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration of the skin. Lactic acid in yogurt will lessen the sun tan by giving it extra fairness.
♥ Try out any of the Top 7 Best Home Remedies To Remove Sun Tan. Tell me how it helped your skin! ♥